Remember: OneSource™ offers a Cubixx refrigerator to help store Strensiq and track injections. Call OneSource™ at
1-888-765-4747 for more information.
- Store Strensiq in the original carton in the refrigerator at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C) until you are ready to use it
- Protect Strensiq from light until you are ready to use it
- Use Strensiq within 1 hour after you remove it from the refrigerator
- Do not freeze your Strensiq vials. Do not use Strensiq if it has been frozen
- Do not shake your Strensiq vials
- Do not use Strensiq after the expiration date printed on the carton
- Strensiq vials are for 1-time use only. Throw away any unused Strensiq left in the vial
Important Safety InformationWhat is Strensiq® (asfotase alfa)?
Strensiq is a prescription medicine used to treat people with perinatal/infantile- and juvenile-onset hypophosphatasia (HPP).What are the possible side effects of Strensiq?
Strensiq may cause serious side effects, including
- Serious allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions. Serious allergic reactions have happened in some people who use Strensiq. Stop using Strensiq and go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away if you have any of the signs and symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your eyes, lips, or tongue
- Feeling faint
- Nausea or vomiting
- Itching of your lips, tongue, or throat
- Choking sensation
- Skin thickening or pits at the injection site (lipodystrophy). Lipodystrophy at the injection site has happened several months after using Strensiq
- Calcium buildup in your eyes and kidneys. Your healthcare provider should check your eyes and kidneys while you use Strensiq