Strensiq® treats the underlying cause of hypophosphatasia.
Strensiq® is a prescription medicine that works by replacing alkaline phosphatase. It is used to treat people with perinatal/infantile-onset and juvenile-onset hypophosphatasia.
How Strensiq® works in the body
By replacing alkaline phosphatase, Strensiq allows phosphate and calcium to bind and improve bone health.
Important Safety InformationWhat is Strensiq® (asfotase alfa)?
Strensiq is a prescription medicine used to treat people with perinatal/infantile- and juvenile-onset hypophosphatasia (HPP).What are the possible side effects of Strensiq?
Strensiq may cause serious side effects, including
- Serious allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions. Serious allergic reactions have happened in some people who use Strensiq. Stop using Strensiq and go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away if you have any of the signs and symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your eyes, lips, or tongue
- Feeling faint
- Nausea or vomiting
- Itching of your lips, tongue, or throat
- Choking sensation
- Skin thickening or pits at the injection site (lipodystrophy). Lipodystrophy at the injection site has happened several months after using Strensiq
- Calcium buildup in your eyes and kidneys. Your healthcare provider should check your eyes and kidneys while you use Strensiq